Thursday 9 August 2007

What's your favourite cheese?

It was a cheese day today! My lunch consisted of some of the leftover walnut oat digestives from the picnic, a few slices of gruyere, a slice of jarlsberg and some Canadian cheddar. Oh yes, and some Tesco Finest caramelised red onion relish.

I find gruyere a little bit hit and miss, really. It certainly does have a 'processed cheese' texture about it, similar to some of the worst Spanish cheeses. The jarlsberg, though, was very satisfying and rich. All in all, the spot of 'favourite Swiss cheese' hasn't been snatched from emmental just yet but I'm glad to have tried a couple of new contenders.

The cheddar was a bit too strong and crumbly for my liking, but was a perfect match for the biscuits and relish.

And still room for a carrot cake with butter icing, dusted with cinammon: quite possibly the best cake in the world! Me gusta la canela!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes - I like candles too

Mrs H said...

Mmmm....mature cheddar for me please! I have even managed to find one 'supplier' out here in the land of strange cheeses.

Get updates from me: