Thursday 16 August 2007

The best kind of window shopping

I was slightly disappointed with my lunch today so I spent ten minutes or so indulging in one of my favourite hobbies - perusing menus.

I just like to look: I can almost imagine the tastes, textures and fragrances as I read through and choose what I'd have! It's by far the most enjoyable form of window shopping, in my opinion.

Which reminds me: I get really cross when restaurants place a menu outside for perusal but plonk it right next to a table or, even worse, stick it to the window just in front of a table. It means some poor sap has people staring blankly inches away from him all evening while he eats. I really enjoy wandering around and having a good read through each menu before deciding what to eat, but I feel such a pest having to loom over someone's meal to do it!

No comments:

Get updates from me: