Tuesday 14 August 2007

Beefmeat

I'm a big fan of Toptable and I use it for more or less all of my restaurant bookings. Even if the website doesn't have enough information on my venue of choice (and this is my major criticism - it sometimes reads more like a glossy brochure rather than an impartial booking guide), I invariably look elsewhere to find out more before returning to book via Toptable.

So I use it a fair amount and, as a consequence, I have built up rather a lot of reward points. These are given out each time one makes a booking and then goes back to the site to rate and/or review the restaurant.

In the past I have allowed my reward points to expire but this time I was determined to make good use of them. To that end, I've booked a table for two at The Bountiful Cow (apparently a 'Public house devoted to beef'!) this evening, where my points will pay for a two-course meal for two people.

I'm quite relaxed and pleasantly anticipatory about it: the fact that it's a free dinner sort of takes away the pressure of having booked the 'right' place!

No comments:

Get updates from me: