Sunday 11 January 2009

Take it away now

My house is very close to the train station. It takes me about five minutes to walk/run there in the morning (downhill all the way) and about seven minutes to get home (uphill struggle). On that short journey I pass three Indian restaurants, two Chinese restaurants, a delicatessen, a cafe, two convenience shops, a restaurant, two pubs and a fish and chip shop.

Imagine my delight and relief, therefore, to find out that a new Indian takeaway has opened at the station!

This one, however, is an Indian takeaway and coffee house, which does mean that one can buy a hot drink and snack at the station when the train is delayed. Theoretically it also means one can phone ahead an order to be collected on the way home, although this means I must remember to put a menu in my bag! I've picked up a menu: it looks fairly standard, with one or two things I fancy trying.

It was freezing cold on Saturday and I couldn't summon up the energy to go out for food, so I decided to order a takeaway. What better opportunity to try out the new place? Oh - except they don't deliver on Friday or Saturday! Well, what's the point of that? Everyone knows Friday night is curry night, except those people who know that Saturday night is curry night! And I was extra-frustrated by the fact that they'd put a leaflet through my door at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon. Ok, it's just down the road but it was cold out, and that's the point! I can't help but think it was a missed opportunity, new boys.

No comments:

Get updates from me: