Tuesday 14 October 2008

Not poodle

I'm eating a Pot Noodle as I write this.

I've always wanted to start a blog post in that way! No, really - I am, though; I didn't just say it for effect. I'm two-thirds of the way through a Sweet and Spicy Pot Noodle. It's delicious!

There was a programme on TV a while ago in which the apple-cheeked presenter demonstrated how to create a homemade version of a pot noodle. It was essentially a pot with noodles in it, plus some vegetables and a bit of sauce, but she made it in five minutes (ie the time it would take to boil a kettle and follow the instructions on a shop-bought version).

Now, that's fine for her but I like Pot Noodles as they are! I don't want them to be healthier, tastier, more filling, etc - they're fine for me. I'm not even bothered about 'knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body' because, by the way, it really isn't a temple! I do a lot of my own cooking - as you've probably noticed - but sometimes I want convenience food and sometimes somebody else can do it better. There's a time and a place for everything!

1 comment:

Mrs H said...

Hi, I know what you mean about the guilty pleasure of a Pot Noodle ;-)

I also saw the cookery programme about making your own. Of course, with that approach you don't get any exciting MSG flavouring and you have to faff around buying your own ingredients...

Get updates from me: