Friday 16 November 2007

Comfort food

Yesterday a colleague advised me to "just go home and have some beans on toast". So I did (almost) exactly that!

I had three slices of toasted white bread with baked beans on top (Branston baked beans are the best - far nicer than Heinz!). I normally splash a bit of worcestershire sauce into the beans as I'm cooking them, just for a laugh. I topped it with some grated cheddar and some black pepper.

Ok, so you don't need a recipe for beans on toast and it's not exactly tricky or fancy, but it was delicious comfort food and it goes really well with Scrubs repeats on TV!

2 comments:

Mrs H said...

Some days you just cannot beat beans on toast. I like to mix a bit of Marmite into mine though.

JL said...

I've made myself nearly choke with laughter by reading this back - I said I add worcestershire sauce "just for a laugh"! Oh, I amuse myself sometimes.

Get updates from me: