Friday 16 August 2013

Blue House and The Cherry Tree

We moved into a new house a couple of months ago. You've guessed it: a blue house! When we collected the keys and started to explore I was thrilled to find a healthy-looking cherry tree at the end of the garden. I love fruit-bearing plants - or, basically, anything that provides a constant seasonal supply of free food.

I've been on a nervous, teetering knife-edge ever since we moved in - waiting for the perfect moment for the cherries to be at their ripest, without leaving it so long they get spoilt and wasted. Last weekend I decided to take the first plunge and pick the ripest-looking fruit.

And, blow me down with a feather if delicious magazine didn't email me with a batch of cherry recipes right in time, last Friday afternoon! After about ten seconds' hesitation I got straight onto the Ocados to order the ingredients for this delicious-sounding cherry bakewell tart with amaretto. Oh boy, was it the right choice! It's easy to make, gratifyingly attractive and completely delicious.

I may not be able to provide the cherries for all of you ...

PS: thanks KT Tunstall for the title inspiration!

No comments:

Get updates from me: